Subject: Lightwave Wish List
From: Carl Johnson <[email-masked]>
To: Lightwave <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 1994 16:59:04 -0700 (PDT)

I used to use Imagine and there are a few features which I sorely miss ow 
that I am a Lightwave convert. The first is the ability to use objects as 
light sources. If I have a flourescent light it is a TUBE not a point 
that radiates light. The ability to use this OBJECT as a light source 
would allow me to get scenes with more realistic lighting effect. Realism 
is the keyword here.

Also, I recently saw a program called KPT Bryce. There were requesters 
there for fog, specularity and diffuse that actually gave a small graphic 
window that showed the effect of changing those settings. It would be 
cool if Lightwave provided that kind of feedback to the user.

Thirdly, color representations of the image maps wold be nice. When 
loading in similar image maps its easy to forget which one you're using 
especially if you can only see them in back and white (dog-vision).

I know Lightwave 4.0 is on the way, but maybe lightwave 4.1 (or 4.0.1!) 
can incorporate these changes.

Carl